Monday, April 5, 2010

A New Tradition

Ben and I decided that our Easter weekend tradition will be an annual watching of the Original Trilogy. Yes, I capitalized that for a reason. While watching, I was once again blown away by two points:

1) What an exceptional character Leia is, particularly for the genre (Sci-Fi, and yes, that is a blanket statement, but for the non-sci-fi obsessed like me, there seems to be an abundance of sexist male and sexualized female characters that surface in the mainstream)

2) How is it there are still people out there that do not like Star Wars? They do not wish to see it, shrug, say 'Meh' when it's brought up. What is wrong with these people?

1 comment:

Katie said...

*shrug* Meh... sorry! Glad you guys are starting your own traditions though! It's one of the best parts of a marriage/family I think.