Monday, July 21, 2008

Into the world of blog

So I finally joined the world of blogs. I'm pretty excited, even though most of the time I'm not sure what to write about. I guess I'll just go with what's on my mind at the time.

Currently in life, I'm just trying to settle down. I just recently moved, and while I love my townhouse, I really don't like unpacking. I figured out why I love packing so much more - and I always have. I really like the consolidation and organization of packing, whether it's for a trip or for a new house. I'm much happier when an item has a determined home (i.e. a box) and I can put it there, and in putting it there I reduce mess. I am less happy when I open a box, and there is so much in it that never had a home to begin with, and each thing expects to have a home even though you don't even know where the basics go yet!

Ben is the opposite. He likes opening boxes and stocking shelves with things and rediscovering old items. I'm lucky he's there to do that for me with a smile on his face.

Elise came over Friday and helped me put the guest bedroom together, and Courtney came over Saturday and I let her OCD take over. She was tearing boxes apart, arranging PS2 games, and helping me make the living room feel like home. I was able to take yesterday for the closet and armoire, and it's very exciting to have an armoire. I like it. Ben gave me the use of that in the closet and I gave him the bedroom dresser. Of course there are my two dressers in the guest room which will be used for winter clothes and scrapbook/card-making stuff.

Chanel is getting used to her new place, happy that food bowls are in two different rooms. She has actually become lazy enough to want to eat under the stairs when I am in the kitchen because it's closer than the foyer! Of course I encourage this because we want under the stairs to become her home when we're gone, giving her space to sleep and a door she can't destroy.

The little house is starting to feel like home, and it's really nice to not have to do all the mental shuffling that I was doing when I had to choose between dinner with friends or dinner with Ben, and trying to find time to see him for an hour every other day was really hard. It's so wonderful that he's here in Houston, and with me, and I can see him any time I want! We even see my friends and go on dates!

Speaking of, we hit a midnight screening of Dark Knight (a gift for my birthday), and it really is everything the critics say it is. I was impressed. I do believe it's the best comic book movie ever made. Of course, I'm drawn to comic book movies that make the stories believable and realistic, leaving no questions in mind as to how certain things are possible. This is where the Tim Burton movies failed me, even though they set up precedent and we would not be where we are now without them. Heath Ledger was terrifying, and I wish there were more scenes where he and Bale could face off. Both such amazing method actors. And I can say it's the best even though Watchmen hasn't come out yet. The trailer is attached to Dark Knight (as is the new Terminator movie - how glorious is it that Bale is John Connor???!). It impressed me.

I should begin school work now, though, because I have let it go and I very much need to kick into gear.

5 comments:

Hernandez Family said...

Yay! You have a blog :) Now I can keep up with what is going on with you :)

dllano said...

Honey, I loved reading this. I can tell that you are now very happy and that in turn makes me very happy. I know things will continue to work for you. I am so proud of you for all of your hard work and effort keeping a job and school all at the same time, something I would have had a terrible time doing. You are so special and I love hearing how wonderful your life is and all about you. Keep it coming.

Momma

Hah-ich-ka-po-mea said...

I'm soo happy you joined our blogging like Jennitheodd and me ^_^. Yeah, Unpacking is harder than packing in my opinion. I'm so happy that things are good for you. Hooray!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

yay you have blog! ;)


your mommy's comment almost made me cry.....DAMN HORMONES!

Pat R said...

I'm totally looking forward to seeing the new Terminator, Christian Bale is a dependable sell... he does a great job no matter what role he takes