Wednesday, July 30, 2008

a long and dark December

I was reading an interview with Chris Martin in Rolling Stone today and while I usually have found him to be arrogant and insane, I laughed at this quote:


On "Death and All His Friends," there's this great topical line: "I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge."


That's Brian Eno's line. I had this blank spot in the lyrics: "I don't want to battle from beginning to end. Something, something, something. I don't want to follow death and all of his friends." So we were all having a sandwich, and it's like, "I don't want to watch too many episodes of Friends? No, that won't do. I don't want to listen to Radiohead's The Bends? No. I don't want to eat any Jerry and Ben's? No." And then Brian came out with the line, and he was like, "I quite like that. You should use that."

No comments: